I miss my dad.
Happy Father's Day Dad. I am learning to play the guitar and I think of you every time I touch the strings. You would have loved my husband. He's a good father, too. You are both such bright stars in the landscape of what men can be. I miss my grandfather, too. He taught me to sit still long enough for a chipmunk to eat peanuts from my hand when I was 8. That's not easy. And I drink a toast to my stepfather too, who proved that parenthood could be chosen regardless of blood.
I wish I could bring you all together for one night and a glass of wine.
Cheers to all the fathers we know and love.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recommendations
Crafty Favorites
Quick Linker
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(37)
-
▼
June
(15)
- Saturday Recipe: "The Margarita"
- Kids with Cameras
- BONUS Recipe: "Anything on the Grill"
- Saturday Recipe: "Texas Backyard Pesto"
- Through the Autism Filter
- Happy Father's Day
- Attention Margarita Sisters
- In which I divulge my sources...
- Saturday Recipe: "Rock-amole!"
- an example of why he's awesome
- Of course you should surf the web with your credit...
- For the photographers and photo-appreciators
- From the Studio
- I know, it's really Sunday
- Saturday Recipe: "Black Bean Burger"
-
▼
June
(15)
1 comment:
wow. That was very touching Viveth! Thank you for that - it really allowed me to pause and think about my late grandfather.
Post a Comment