Friday, September 23, 2011

September Swing

Just when we thought the unbearable heat and endless drought would never end, September arrived to save us!

The older kids started 6th grade (!!!) and are loving it. Sarah is in band this year, playing trumpet. So far she seems to like it, though she hasn't been eager to play for us yet.

Grant enjoyed the Open House night at the school, especially the lockers.



Much to our dismay, Sunny (who has been Grant's nanny since he was 2 months old) decided to go back to school, and Grant misses her a lot.


We have had a couple of "cool" weather breaks, finally! It's so nice to be able to get outside and play more. Also, I am happy to put long pants on Grant since he seems to scrape his knees EVERY TIME we go outside.

We've been spending more time at our favorite park, and Grant really likes all the leaves that are falling.



I guess I need to get used to the tidal wave of "activities" that comes with every September, because it is bound to get even busier as the years progress. Our part of Dallas has a large and very active local early-childhood PTA group that I've joined. They had a kick-off party a couple of weekends ago, and it was packed with families and kids close to Grant's age. He loved the fire truck, of course. I'm hoping we will get know some of the kids he will go to school with in a couple of years.



Our new nanny is Jessica. She and Grant have a lot of fun. He's old enough now to enjoy things like "Story Time" at the library so Jessica took him to one yesterday. He loved the story and singing, but then discovered that there was: A COMPUTER. THAT HE COULD PLAY WITH. OMG. So he was beyond thrilled with that visit. My sweet little nerd.

No comments:

Recommendations

Crafty Favorites

Quick Linker