Grant's sense of humor has been growing along with the rest of him. He loves making us laugh, and he likes verbal jokes as well as slapstick ones.
While eating toast at breakfast recently, he was holding a magnetic letter "F" from the refrigerator. We practiced making the F sound, and I said "F is for..." and he said "fffffffftoast!" and started giggling.
Sometimes when I ask him if he wants more of something (strawberries or whatever) he will lean forward in his chair and whisper very quietly "yes!...no!...yes!...no!" and laugh at his little joke. He thinks burps are hilarious (what is it with boys?) and lately he learned how to say "FUNNY!"
He also has a sense of the dramatic. A couple of days ago he flipped a wooden puzzle over to drop all the pieces, several of which landed on his feet. Apparently it didn't hurt enough to make him cry, but he put on his very best sad face, lifted his foot up towards me and said "OH NO! TOES BONK!"
Just in the last few days, he has decided that he is done with letting anyone help him with meals. At first he just didn't want us to break things into pieces, like crackers. He wanted them WHOLE. For quite a long time now he has enjoyed using a fork sometimes, but he didn't really care a whole lot. Now he loves using a fork, even for toast. Then one day I was giving him pasta for lunch and when I tried to feed him a bit he would say "NOOOO!" So I said, ok, you don't want pasta? When I put the pasta aside he frowned and said "PAAAASTAAAAA!" Finally I realized he just didn't want me to hold the spoon. Or even touch the spoon, or help him make the scooping motion with his hand. That lunch took a long time. :) Two days ago the same thing happened with yogurt. This means considerably more laundry, since he refuses to wear a bib anymore.
His interest in music is undiminished. In fact, he often requests "GAGA" (yes, Lady Gaga) to be played on the ipod. He starts dancing anytime he hears music. When he wakes up in the morning, most of the time he stands up in his crib when I come in to get him, points at his music player and says "MYOOO-ICK!"
I feel so lucky to have this joyful little person to say hello to every morning.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment